Saturday, March 18, 2006

I miss you

Mid-terms are over.

Ok, so all one of them. But who says that even one doesn't bring stress? Especially a PHC test. Any way you slice it, I'm happy it's over. Even happier that it means spring break. But alas. I'm also a working woman. So no real break for me.

Am I asking for sympathy? Not at all.

This will be my chance to leap ahead in con-law...to summarize cases to my heart's content with no worries for a solid week. Will I do it? Maybe.

All this, however, isn't really what I wanted to talk about.

This week has been interesting, as a whole. See, the last two weekends have been tournament weekends. We ran down to Houston two weeks ago for the state tournament, and then ran up to TN for the TN Open. Then the entire family jumped in the car again on Teusday for the National Homeschool Basketball touranment, leaving me to fend for myself.

Lessons learned?


-Don't forget to feed the fish.
-Listen to old sermons, music, movies, anything, to keep the quietness from being, well, haunting.
-Don't think too hard.
-Being by yourself for an extended period of time isn't so bad. In all honesty, I think it's all about the mind-set. If I'm totally focused on being all by myself, then it's downright depressing. But really, if you consider the things you can do (laundry, clean room, clean house, clean kitchen, gracious! just CLEAN) then it's not so bad.

-Also, don't leave your DL in the car that goes out of state.

Yes, it's true. I left my driver's license in the van. I hope. ^_^ I can't rent movies without it, can't write checks (unless you're in Aledo), your purse feels strangely pointless, and you wind up extremely uncomfortable while driving for obvious reasons.

Really, being alone isn't that bad. But I miss my family. Home is where the heart is, right?

Another winter's day has come and gone away,
In Paris and Rome... and I want to go home
and I’m surrounded by a million people
I still feel alone... I wanna go home
I miss you, you know


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel loved. :)
You did remember to feed my fish right? :P