Monday, February 06, 2006

Pressing On

As I sit in front of a blazing fireplace (but not too close!) with my pineapple-upside-down cake, milk, and con-law materials, I'm struck with how simply complicated life can be.

The scene around me is perfectly simplistic and I am quite contented.
In fact, life in general has me completely happy. I guess what becomes complicated is maintaining the status quo. The next day is never something to fear, but there are always the insignificant details that somehow make me wish I could always just live in the moment that has me the most contented.

As I was running today, though, I realized that if you don't keep moving, (especially when you're as out of shape as I am), you loose your nerve to press on. A stationary position is ok for a minute or two, but after a while, well, there's nothing that frustrates me more than an unchanging atmosphere.

In short?

I like the way Paul said it:

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was encouraging! I'm so proud of you!

Yes, I like our cozy fireplace too especially with a cup of tea and a muffin.

Kelly Sauer said...

Rachel, thanks for the comment on our blog! You're right--I don't remember you, but I didn't remember my husband either from the first time I saw him! I hope you don't mind--I marked your blog as a favorite so I can keep an eye on it. :-) Drop me a line sometime, if you ever want a new friend!